In this post we share the best way on How to Compress Photos on iPhone 2023 and compress iphone image online.
If you have a lot of high-quality photos on your iPhone, these can take up a significant portion of your storage space. The good news is that it is possible to reduce the size of these files without losing too much quality. You can even save the optimized version to your iPhone and keep the original full-resolution image in iCloud.
If you want to free up some storage space, then here’s how to compress photos on an iPhone.
How to Optimize Photos on iPhone
One of the best ways to reduce the photo file size on your iPhone is to use the Optimize iPhone storage option. This offers the best of both worlds; Photos on your iPhone are optimized to look good on your phone but take up less space, and the original full-sized files are stored in iCloud, so you can always access them if you need to:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap Photos.
- Tap Optimize iPhone Storage.
- Full-resolution photos and videos will now be replaced with smaller versions. The originals can be downloaded from iCloud at any time.
How to Reduce Photo Size in iOS
One of the easiest ways to reduce the size of photos on your iPhone is to save them in Apple’s proprietary HEIC format. This format allows you to save high-quality images with a smaller file size than standard JPEG images.
Your iPhone will take HEIC photos by default, but if you change that option at any time, changing it back can help reduce the size of any photos you take later.
To save images in HEIC format on your iPhone:
- Launch the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap Camera.
- At the top of the screen, tap Formats.
- To save your photos in HEIC format, tap High Efficiency
- All subsequent photos will be saved in HEIC format with a reduced file size.
How to Compress Photos on Iphone for Email
If you want to quickly compress some photos without having to install a third-party app, you can use the compression features found in the Mail app on your iPhone. By emailing your photos in a compressed form, you can compress them with just a few clicks.
To compress photos using Mail on iPhone:
- Open the Mail app.
- Click the New Message icon.
- Enter your own email address.
- Tap twice in the area where you would normally write your message.
- Tap the Arrow icon.
- Keep tapping the arrow until you see Insert Photo or Video.
- Tap Insert Photo or Video and select the photos you want to compress.
- At the top of the screen, tap the Send icon.
- You should see a message offering different file sizes to use to send your photos.
- Select your option and the email will be sent.
- When you receive it, open it and tap one of the photos.
- Select Save X Images and the compressed photos will save to your iPhone.
- You can now delete the original photos if you wish to save storage space.
How to Compress Photos Iphone App
If you want to compress a lot of photos or plan to do so often, emailing them to you can quickly become cumbersome. Your best bet in this case is to use a third-party app to compress your photos. Many options are available in the App Store; many will let you compress a limited number of photos for free. We’ll see how to use one of these apps.
To compress photos using the Compress Photos & Pictures app:
- Install the Compress Photos & Pictures app.
- Open the app and tap Select Photos to Compress.
- Tap the photos you want to compress. To compress more than three at a time, you’ll need to sign up for the Pro version.
- Tap Next.
- Choose your Photo Quality. The lower the setting the smaller the file size. The app recommends using a setting of around 80% to maintain a good-quality image.
- Choose your Photo Dimensions This reduces the size of the image, which helps to make the file size smaller. If you need the photo to remain the same size, set this to 100%. Otherwise, 80% is a reasonable sweet spot.
- Tap Compress.
- You may have to watch an ad before the compression begins.
- Once the compression is complete, you have the option to delete or keep the original images.
- Once you’ve made your decision, your compressed images are saved to your iPhone. They maintain the same date information as the original photos, so you’ll find them at the same point in your timeline of photos.
- If you want to compress more photos, repeat the steps above.
Check also: How To Enable Screen Saver In Windows 10