In this post we share the best 6 Free Alternatives To Nero 2023 and nero burn and archive software.
Everyone knows Nero, the most sought after burning software. I even used Nero for almost two years before switching to free alternatives that do the same job for free. The reason behind the leap was not Nero’s cost but its size.
As you may have observed, every time Nero releases a new version with extra features that are unnecessary for most of us.
6 free alternatives to Nero
Don’t think this tool is just for image blurring. ImgBurn is lightweight CD/DVD/HD-DVD/Blu-Ray burning software that creates Audio CDs, DVD Videos discs, HD DVD videos discs.
The biggest strength of this program is that it supports a wide range is images file-formats including BIN, CUE, DI, DVD, GI, IMG, ISO, MDS, NRG, and PDI. It also supports Unicode folder/file names, so you shouldn’t run into any problems if you’re using an international character set.
There are two versions of DeepBurner program available: Pro and free. I have been using this free burner for the last six months without any hassles. This program has many features that you can’t see in a free burner.
To start with, it supports data CDs/DVDs, Audio CDs, build and burn images, overburn function, bootable discs, multisession discs. DeepBurner also supports CD-R / CD-RW / DVD-R / DVD+R / DVD-RW / DVD+RW / DVD-RAM. You can also find a big feature list here.
3: Infra Recorder
Probably one of the most used free burning software after CDBurnerXP. You can create data, audio CDs easily just like Nero. Infra Recorder also supports dual-layer DVDs.
Users can erase discs, burn images, copy discs, burn multi-session discs, save audio and data tracks to files using Infrarecorder. Moreover, the installer size is just 3.2MB!!
CDBurnerXP is a good freeware alternative to paid CD and DVD burners. This is the software which made me jump from Paid Nero. Apart from basic disc burning features this freeware also supports Blu-Ray and HD-DVDs. Below is a small list of CDBurnerXP key features:
- burn all kinds of discs
- audio-CDs with or without gaps between tracks
- burn and create ISO files
- data verification after burning process
- create bootable discs
- multi-language interface
- bin/nrg ? ISO converter, simple cover printing and much more!
- Operating Systems: Windows 2000/XP/2003 Server/Vista.
CDrtfe is another free burning program for Windows. CDrtfe can burn data discs (CD and DVD), Audio CDs, XCDs, (S) VCDs and DVD-Video discs. For Windows 9x, ME, 2k, XP.
Final burner is also one of the free alternatives to bloated Nero. The user interface is simple and is easy-to-use as well.
Burn Data CD/DVD (CD R/RW, DVD+R/RW, DVD-R/RW, DVD DL, HD-DVD, Blu-Ray, etc.)
– Autorun menu designer
– Burn Audio CD (Import *.wav; *.mp3; *.ogg; *.mid; *.wma; *.aac; *.mp4; *.m4a; *.xm; *.mod; *.s3m; *.it; *.mtm; *.mo3 audio files.)
– Burn Video DVD (Import AVI, DIVX, XVID, MP4, MPG, WMV, ASF, MOV, FLV, etc. Capture from Webcam, TV tuner, DV, etc.)
– AudioCd Ripper
Is there a free version of Nero Burning ROM?
- Power2GO – Best Overall.
- Ashampoo Burning Studio – Best for Music Lovers.
- Nero Burning ROM – Best Sound.
- True Burner – Best for Erasing Discs.
- CDBurnerXP – Best for All Kinds of Discs.
- BurnAware – Best Data Recovery.
- Burn – Best for Custom Menus.
Check also: How To Use Windows 7 Trail For 120 Days 2023